Blogging Buddies

Thursday 3 December 2009

A Card for Nathan

Evening everybody!!  I've eventually made a birthday card for Peter's cousin's son,  Nathan.  His birthday really is on Christmas Day though I forget how old he'll be - three or four I'm sure!  So for him, I didn't want a card that was too babyish!  I know he loves his cars, planes and trains etc!!  My original attempt at this card involved a rocket, a pop up card and a different image - until Peter's remarks put me right off the idea!!  Won't go into the details now but it sure did amuse my forum buddies!! Anyway, I copped out and went for the "safe" option of a more traditionally shaped card LOL!

I'm fairly pleased with the final result and will be entering five challenges with it:

Dotties World - Boy oh Boy!

C.R.A.F.T.  Challenge - Christmas Birthday

Cards for Men - Christmas

Crazy 4 Challenges - Punch Happy

PaperPlay Challenges - Christmas without Red or Green





I wanted something fairly seasonal but not overly traditional and screaming of Christmas so thought blue was a good choice.  I love the music script on the darker paper and the snowflakes on the panels!!  The image I thought fitted the bill perfectly, even for the time of year!!
I really wanted to use buttons on this but Peter really felt they wasn't working (don't know why I'm still listening to what HE thinks LOL!). So I went with Ethan's opinion - he liked the flowers!!!

RECIPE

Papers - Anita's

Punch - Martha Stewart
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards
Flowers and Bling Gems - stash 
Card Candy


I hope you like the finished result.  Enjoy the rest of your evening and thanks for stopping by.  Take care and happy crafting everyone!


Mel X

 

30 comments:

Sandie said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the cute image and the colours are definitely not traditional :)

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

jacque4u2c said...

Just adorable!!!! I am sure they are goingt o want to frame this.

jackiescrafts said...

This is a gorgeous card Mel and the image is cute

Hugs Jackie x

Liz said...

Oh I NEED tht image Mel aint he lovely Thanks for joining the paperplay Challenges this week

Liz x

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous Mel - you've done a lovely job - although I was rather looking forward to seeing the rocket one too!! The colours are lovely and I love the red train. Hugs Shell xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel.
Think this has to be one of the sweetest cards i have ever seen, just can't get over how adorable the image is too.
BUT COME ON, don't be shy, show us the rocket card,,, ROFL...
Hugs Angel

iReneM said...

Oh my! This is a lovely card.
What a great image!
My hubby puts his oar in too...mostly I've learned to ignore him, hahaha.
Thanks for your visits and lovely comments, Mel.
Not only are we entering the same challenges but it looks like we are using the same MS punches too :-)

x

Rose said...

Gorgeous card I love the image, love the flowers too. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Gunn (Merete) said...

Hello Mel.
This is a beautiful card. Love the punched egdes. DP are great and this image is just adorable.
And by the way, the little sheep it is a button I bought in a local store some years ago.I am always looking for fun and shaped buttons in small local stores
Thanks for joining DW this week.
Hugs Gunn :-D

Mandy said...

Hi Mel, love your card it's gorgeous hun, the image is so sweet. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a lovely comment
hugs Mandy xx
P.S Thanks for joining us at Paper Play xx

Liz said...

Mel package will be in post tomorrow So sorry for delaty no set excuse just busy!

Liz xx

Unknown said...

Fantabulous card Mel! I LOVE your card. It's perfect for a3/4 year old.
That image is gorgeous. I reckon you got it just right with this one!
Thanks for joining in with us at Cards For Men. Good luck!
Hugs Viv xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Mel your card is darling, thanks for playing along with us C4C gals.

Suzi Mac said...

This is just an adorable card, love the image and the subtle colours. Quite striking. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week.
Suzi x

Irene said...

Hello Mel

This is just gorgeous, I love the image and you have given it your personal touch.
Fantastic.

P S You did give us a laugh.

luv
irene
xxx

Donnas Den said...

I think this card is just right. The image is wonderful and I will be popping over to Charmed... for a look.

Thanks so much for taking part in the Cards fro Men Challenge and good luck.

Donna

Mandy said...

Hi Mel, spot on with this card..the image is just right love the colours and the layout..
mandy xx

June Nelson said...

Hiya mel darl, aw sorry you got some rotten virus, its us nurses pick up everything f from the patients!!!. Hope your feeling better soon darl. Ilove this card, i bought these images but have only coloured one havent done anything with him yet, eek must try. Take care love and I hope you feel better over the weekend huggies from me xxxxxxxxxxxxx

mueppi said...

Wow.... Meö
your card is gorgeous and this image is so cute!
Hugs Gisela

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mel, what a wonderful image and so suitable for a young lad, beautifully coloured and the papers and embellishments just right. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men Challenge, good luck with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Trimgym said...

Great card Mel, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Pop's Cards said...

Hi honey lovely to see a near by person too, i will follow you so i can see what you are up to, i love this image he is so cute, a gorgeous creation, big hugs Pops x

Elisa said...

Absolutely love the card, thanks for taking part in PaperPlay!

Nicole Bailey said...

Hi Mel.....so glad to see you have a blog!
Thanks for being so sweet by wondering where I was last week at DW! :o)
LOVE your card! Especially love the papers you used. Thanks for playing along with us this week at DW!

Crafting Queen said...

sweet card, such a lovely image. Thanks for joining us at CRAFT. Anesha

Louly said...

Stunning darling - absolutely stunning, he'll love it. xxxx

Craftyrose said...

Hi Mel, thanks muchly for your comments on my card. We must be in tune as I too chose this image and blue! Love what you have done with this cutie, just right for a little boy and perfectly coloured. xx

Julie said...

Such a lovely card, that image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week.
Julie x

Magda said...

Lovely card. Great image and colours.
Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge & good luck.
Magda x

Payne Holler Cards said...

fell in love with this card! you did an awesome job with this image!!!