Blogging Buddies

Monday 30 November 2009

Fairy Desk Calendar


Morning everyone!  Hope your all well and keeping nice and warm in this cold weather!!  I've another creation for four challenges today.  This has taken me ages to do due to the migraine I STILL can't shake off!!  Could only craft for 5 minutes at a time before having to leave it for at least an hour!!  I genuinely didn't feel stressed when I saw the doc - now I do cos it's preventing me from crafting!!!  It doesn't actually feel as bad right now so I'm really hoping the end is in sight - I have had it for about a week now!!

Wanted to do this for the second part of  Mellie's challenge over on Charmed Craft Talk Forum.  She wanted a calendar with punched or die cut shapes, bling, doodling and sewing!  Had to give this some thought and due to my awful head, decided not to do a page per month!  The image is stamped on a punched shape. There is some coloured bling in the top corner and though I haven't done any actual sewing, I have doodled some stitching on the papers and card!

This creation also fits the following five challenges;


The Corrosive Challenge - Red and Green

Cupcake Craft Challenges - Red and Green

Incy Wincy Designs - Red and Green

Crafty Catz - Angels and Fairies

I've joined in all challenges for MCFC so far but I'm totally new to the other four.  Being quite new to blogging, it's taking me a while to get round them.  I discover new ones every week and these look fab!!  The sketch was great to work with, red and green is one of my favourite colour schemes and I LOVE fairies.  As I'm starting to get a bit bored with Christmas images having done most of the cards I need this year, I thought it would be fun to try and combine them all!!  So, with the New Year rapidly approaching I've created a desk calendar using one of my favourite flower fairy stamps!!  I've mounted the paper onto an old CD cover and borrowed this idea from my favourite sister-in-law, Jo.



I'm sorry for the picture quality, I couldn't quite get the exposure right and was faffing for ages!!

RECIPE

Stamp - Inca, 3026P The Zinnia Fairy 
Papers - Basic Grey
Cardstock - Sizzix
Sentiment - Crafwork Cards
Ribbon - stash
Green gems - stash
Flowers - Hobbycraft
Calendar label - Hobbycraft


Emmy took pity on me because of my headache so she cut all the papers for me and helped stick everything down.  She loves this image so am going to donate it to her - she wants to use it to mark off when her pocket moneys due LOL!  


Thankyou for stopping by.  Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you dropped in.  I'm currently not blog hopping much due to my head but when it lifts, I'll be back on form and will pop by your blog in return.  Hello to my friends on the forums - I'll see you all soon!!

Take care everyone and happy crafting!

Mel X

16 comments:

Sally said...

Gorgeous calendar. Love the image.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely calendar Mel, lol, yes, pocket money is very important and now she'll never forget (darn)!!

I do hope that your head clears soon, it must be horrible.

Thanks for joining us at MCFC xxx
Shell

Liz said...

Really Fab it will fit into Incy wincys challemge too Red & green

Its a great project Thanks for joining MCFC this week Beautiful fairy

Cheers

Liz xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous desk calender Mel...lol @ Emily wanting it to mark off the days for when her pocket money is due. Love the fairy image.

Thanks for joining us at MCFC and good luck.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi mel.

These are so pretty, must try one, you have done a super job,The image is really pretty.
Oh congrats on last wks win.
Thanks for playing at MCFC.
Good Luck.
Hugs Angel

Irene said...

Mel

This as absolutely gorgeous and a fantastic idea. I love the fairy.
Congrats on last weeks win.
Hope you are feeling better.

luv
irene
xxxx

Carol Ann said...

Beautiful Fairy Desk Calendar Mel. Good for Emmy thinking ahead, thinking about her pocket money there will be no forgetting now!
I hope you migraine is finally on the way out. Take Care, Carol Ann xx

P.S. Thank you for joining in the MCFC challenge

Donna said...

Hi Mel, lovely Desk Calendar and pretty Image. Thanks for joining in again at MCFC and good luck.
Donna x

jacque4u2c said...

This is adorable! You are really good at combining challenges!!!!

Chris (catt871) said...

This is AWESOME!!!!! What a great idea! That image is adorable and the paper is divine!!!! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week!!

Steph said...

Wow! Fab idea and love the colours!

cheryl said...

this is brilliant great idea too thanks for joining us at incy designs love cheryl xx

Kazabing said...

What a great idea for a calender base. Great image you have used. Hope you are on the mend soon.

hugs
Kaza.xxx

jackiescrafts said...

Love your calendar Mel and that image is lovely, really pretty. Emily wanting to cross off the days to pocket money time made me smile
I hope your headache eases very soon
Thanks for joining in at MCFC
Hugs Jackie x

the crafty duck said...

lovely calendar Mel that flower fairy is gorgeous, love Steph

Heather "Hev" said...

How beautiful :)

Thank you for joining us over at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Good luck - hope to see you in our next challenge :)