Blogging Buddies

Saturday 19 June 2010

DT CARD Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #88


Good morning everyone, hope you're all ready for a great weekend.   We're kicking it off with a fabulous new challenge over at the Secret Crafter today, with a theme set by the lovely Vicky AND we have a DT CALL.  In addition to that, we have a new team member, Tracie joining our happy family and you can check out her fantastic creations here.   Welcome to the team hun.

 For our challenge this week we want to see anything that would fit the theme of..

"  W E D D I N G   /   A N N I V E R S A R Y "

For me, this was perfect timing as I've been meaning to create a card for my friend at work and kept forgetting - now she only has five more shifts before she and her beloved fly to Italy for their big day and so I had to pull my finger out lol.  She is planning on having red roses for her flowers and the bridesmaids, who are quite "mature" (I can say that cos I work wiv one of 'em and she'll be reading this lol) will be wearing little black dresses.  I used that info as a base on which to pull a card out of the hat at the eleventh hour and this is what I came up with....................

  I used black cardstock from my stash.  The red pearlescent card is superb and is from a paper/card manufacturer based in Hull.  The ribbon is gorgeous as there is a kinda photo image of roses in it which I think the camera has just about picked up.  The ribbon, roses and fabric sentiment with stud fastener is from my stash. The image is a digi from Whimsey Stamps which I've decoupaged.

I also used  the MS heart border punch, large circle and small oval circle nestie, floral cuttlebug embossing folder, Leone Em leaf punch, glamour dust and Woodware daisy punch - all available from the Secret Crafter Shop.  Wendy has a fabulous range of crafty goodies in at the moment, I've got my eye on several more nesties and punches.  She has some fantastic pendant spellbinders which create the most stunning backgrounds to images - and very few other places have them!!!!!  

Don't forget to check out the challenge blog HERE for details of the DT call and take a look at the wonderful creations by the rest of the Design Team.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

Hugs

Mel X

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Beautiful card, I love the rich colours and the image is too cute xxx

Helen said...

Awww...that image is sooo sweet!
Fab card Mel!
Helen x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

such a fun image. love the card

Hugs jane x

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel,
Glad to hear you enjoyed making this one....Really love the quirky Wabbits, I thought my card was different and out of the norm for a wedding theme with my image, but seeing your's reassured that times have changed and moved forward with this type of theme....

Love it!!!!
x
Vicky

Louise Emma said...

Awww thats way sweet!!!! love it xxx

Donna said...

Cracking card Melissa...fab colours on this card and a brilliant image :) Donna x

Karina said...

Dear Mel,
this is a very lovely card you made. I love your style in general and so I will come again to take a look what's new here.
Love from Switzerland,
Karina

Cathy said...

Cute card Mel, those bunnies are lovely!
Hugs
Cathy xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is totally ACE for a wedding card love that image and the colours are fabulous Mel I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x