Blogging Buddies

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Guest Designer - Whooo Hoooo

Good morning everyone.  Ooh I'm so excited today!!!!  I invited by the ladies at Your Next Stamp Challenge to be a Guest Designer for them for their challenge today - Whoo Hooo.

Of course I said YEESSSSSSSS!!! lol.   The YNS store has an incredible range fabulous, gorgeous stamps which are just soo adorable!!

Their theme this time on the challenge blog this week is


"It's a Clean and Simple Christmas"



 I've used one of the new Christmas images, Tobogganing Ellie, very appropriate for the recent heavy snow we've had in the UK lately.

I've been playing with my diecuts again, my current addiction - I just can't stop experimenting with them!! I spellbinder large circle nesties to make the frame with scallop circle and spellbinders flourishes to make the decorative detail - ok - maybe it was not so simple to do but I love the result.  I coloured with copics and promarkers, added glitter and a bit of bling.  I used a cuttlebug Ironworks embossing border at the bottom of the card.

You don't have to use a YNS image to join in the fun but of course it would be wonderful if you could, we'd love to see what you can create.  YNS Challenges usually run for a fortnight but this time its only running for ONE WEEK.

I'm off to shovel more snow snow before I collect my eldery MIL who's been finding the weather particularly tough - and lonely, as my BIL who lives with her is currently working away til the weekend.  She'll be staying with us until he returns hope so we're quite looking forward to spoiling her a little!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Mel X

7 comments:

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

I love your adorable and fun CAS card! I really should experiment more with my nesties, I love the frame you created! Thank you soooo much for joining us at YNS!!! Have fun shoveling and spoiling your MIL!
Hugs
Karen

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a really sweet creation!! I love how you've framed the image!! Congrats to you on your GDT!! HUGS

Kerri said...

That frame is so gorgeous, Melissa and I adore that image:) I'm glad you could play with us today!

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card Mel love the way you have done the flourishes around the circle xx

Vicky said...

Fabulous card Mel!, love the image and great florish around the circle too. Well done the GDT call, well deserved hun :o)
hugs Vicky xx

jackiescrafts said...

I love your card Mel especially the way you have used the flourishes to create te border

Hugs Jackie x

Crystal said...

This is a Darling and FANTASTIC Cas Creation, LOVE your sparkle and your framing!! Beautiful Melissa!