Blogging Buddies

Saturday 6 February 2010

SCSC #69 Tones of One Colour Plus White

Hi everyone, its Saturday so that must mean its time for the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.  I have been soo looking forward to posting this card!!  It's set by my lovely teamie Cathy who wants to see monochrome - tones of one colour plus white.  I LOVED this challenge and opted for browns with white.  I'm really chuffed with the end result.  I've used one of my new stamps and had a friend in mind who, like me, LOVES cocker spaniels.  She hasn't been well lately, though has just acquired a new puppy....... who is running amok lol!  I couldn't resist placing some little paws trampling in the flowers.

 

I have added glamour dust to the flowers and some little clear stick pearls (from stash) onto his collar for a bit of added bling.
 
RECIPE

Stamp - Cuddly Buddly
Colouring Medium - Watercolour Pencils
Cardstock - Stash
Background Papers - My Minds Eye
Panel Papers - 7Gypsies (I think)
Embossing - Swiss Dots
Die Cut Nesties - Large Classic Scallop
                                                                             - Labels 1
Flowers - Prima
Leaf Punch - Martha Stewart
Corner Punch - Woodware
Paw Buttons - local haberdashery
White leather look ribbon - Papermania
  
Why not pop over and check out the challenge for yourself, it'd be brill if you could join in too, we'd love to see what fabulous makes you'd come up with!  Don't forget to check out my teamies too, they've come up with some gorgeous creations for this!
Thankyou soo much for stopping by.  Ta Ta for now and hope you all have a great weekend.

Take care

Mel X

8 comments:

Sue said...

Mel, he is adorable. Love the brown and white theme and your border and papers a great with this card too. Love it.

Donna said...

Beautiful card Mel, such a gorgeous layout and cute image...love your choice of colours! :) Donna x

Craftyrose said...

Awh lovely chocolaty colours hun. xx Love it xx

Sheila said...

Aww Mel this is just so adorable, I love your brown tones hun, super sweet :-).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Helen said...

Awww....sucha sweet card Mel! Love the colours you've used too!
Helen x

Mandy said...

Fabulous colours Mel, really love the layout.

Mandy
x

Christine said...

Hi Mel love this image love the colour combo great card.

Hugs Christine xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Mel and gorgeous details.
Hugs
Cathy xx